So my husbands says to me when I get home, “I can’t decide if you will be appalled by my dinner or want to try it.” Well, that is always an interesting start to a conversation. Needless to say, my interest was piqued.
This is what he told me, all while smiling innocently in the hopes I wouldn’t bust him. For what, I’m not sure. All I know is that look always makes me a little nervous when it is used at the beginning of a conversation.
This is what he told me. All measurements are to taste & preference as he doesn’t remember measurements and trying to ask is like pulling teeth. All of this was him going with his gut.
- Mix 1/2 lb ground sirloin with seasoned salt, chili powder, black pepper, granulated garlic, diced Visalia onion, & diced jalapeño.
- Take sliced white mushrooms & jalapeños & sauté in olive oil with Old Bay, & S &P.
- Take a Vidalia onion slice and sauté with salt & soy sauce.
- Grill the Burgers 4 mins each side, or until medium well.
- When assembling the burger, place thick slices of Colby jack cheese on the meat.
- Mix may, relish,clime juice, and Cajun seasoning.
- Assemble on a Kaiser roll with lettuce.
- “Smush and try to eat.”
He says it was most enjoyable. I christened it and there you have it. Apparently, he ended up with two patties. I am interested but also scared to try something with that many jalapeños, we shall see!